exporting data to excel

exporting data to excel

Postby cara.macinnis » 16 Sep 2015, 19:33

Hi there, I have a question about exporting data.

When I export label information (per minute) to excel, data that is present in the VU-DAMS label information is not present in the excel file. For example, in the VU-DAMS label information I have appropriate data for PEP and LVET for each minute, but in the exported excel file the data in these columns is -9999 for each minute. Is there some way to fix this?

Re: exporting data to excel

Postby JarikdenHartog » 17 Sep 2015, 11:03

Dear cara.macinnis,

Thank you for your question on the forum!

The answer is actually in the manual (page 87 version 1.2):

The PEP etc. will be set to missing (-9999 by default), as the ensemble averaged impedance complexes always need manual scoring before values for ICG-derived variables are generated. You need to use Add Time-Based Labels during labeling if you want to produce e.g. one-minute average ensemble PEPs.

http://www.vu-ams.nl/support/instruction-manual

Best,
Jarik

Postby cara.macinnis » 18 Sep 2015, 02:06

Hi Jarik,

I have used time-based labels with a time width of 60 seconds. In the VU-DAMS file PEP, LVET, etc. data is indeed missing for Label 0, but it's there for each minute, as expected. The problem is, when I export to excel, the data that was there for each minute changes to -9999.

Postby JarikdenHartog » 18 Sep 2015, 09:41

Dear cara.macinnis,

So if I understand correctly; the PEP is good in the Label Information tab but changes to -9999 when exporting to Excel.

A few questions and hopefully a solution:

1) Do you use Export per Label or per Minute to Excel? (see image below)
2) What VU-DAMS version are you using? Click Help > About (> Copy to Clipboard). Please use the latest VU-DAMS version.
3) If the above doesn't solve anything, are you willing to share the file? (via https://www.wetransfer.com for example)

Best,
Jarik
Attachments
dams.png
dams.png (23.07 KiB) Viewed 8300 times

Postby cara.macinnis » 21 Sep 2015, 18:08

Hi Jarik,

I was exporting per minute, but now that I've tried exporting per label it works! The data is now showing up in excel.

Thank-you!

Return to Software